We take your privacy seriously. We will protect the privacy of any personal information you give us, and if we ask you to provide any information which could identify you, we will only use it in line with this commitment. We will comply at all times with current data protection legislation and any subsequent enactments.
Why do we collect information about you?
We need to collect and hold information about you, in order to:
• deliver services
• confirm your identity to provide some services
• contact you by post, email or telephone
• understand your needs to provide the services that you request
• understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
• obtain your opinion about our services
• update your customer record
• process financial transactions
• prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
• allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
• make sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities.
We may not be able to provide you with a product or service unless we have enough information, or your permission to use that information.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
• for the service you requested, and to monitor and improve our performance in responding to your request
• to allow us to be able to communicate and provide services appropriate to your needs
• to enable us to investigate any complaints
• to ensure that we meet our legal obligations
• where necessary for the law enforcement functions
• to prevent and detect fraud or crime
• to process financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits involving SHA, or where we are acting on behalf of government bodies, e.g. Department for Work and Pensions
• to collect monies owed to us
• where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
• to allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
• for research purposes
We may send promotional emails using the email address you have provided. We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, such as asking you for feedback about the service you have received. We may do this by email, phone or post.
Want to opt out of marketing and market research contact from us?
To opt out of getting marketing information and market research contacts from us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share your information with
We never share your personal information with third parties without your consent, unless it is for a legitimate business reason, required by law or other legal processes, or with a secure contractor who carries out data-processing operations on our behalf. We never sell your personal information. By using our website, you are consenting to us using your information in the ways described above.
We will keep your information secure and we use physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online.
Links to other websites
We do not guarantee that the information and materials on our website are complete, up-to-date or free from errors or inaccuracies. We accept no liability whatsoever for loss, damage or expense of any kind arising as a result of or in connection with your use of our website.
This privacy notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
How to contact us
If you want any information about our privacy notice, please contact us.
a local home improvement specialist which works with older, disabled and vulnerable people to enable them to remain independent in homes that are warm, safe and well-maintained.